The one where Josh and Gretchen get ENGAGED!

>> Thursday, January 1, 2009


Last night Josh and I went to Helen to celebrate New Year's. We had a suite at the Hampton Inn, it was really gorgeous...2 room, whirlpool tub, and a fireplace... the only thing it was missing was a balcony but we were very happy with it. 


Mamma made us a little gift bag with chocolate dipped strawberries, cheese and crackers, peanut butter balls, a bottle of wine, and some candles. (don't tell me that she doesn't know we're having sex, or that she has a problem with it... you don't send a couple off to a hotel with a bottle of wine and candles and strawberries and think they are not going to make love) When we left the house, Josh told me that Mamma had given him a letter and told us not to read it until midnight, which didn't set off any alarms with me because my mom does cute little quirky things like that. So we get to the hotel and settle in and go our and get some Wendy's, after we ate we were checking things out and deciding when we wanted to get in the whirlpool and I get the bright idea around 7:30 that we should go ahead and read mom's note, I mean who's going to know that we read it 5 hours early? 

Little did I know that what mom had actually told Josh when she gave him the note was for us not to read it until he had asked me. So Josh kind of reluctantly agreed to get the note so we can read it. I was standing in the living room near the fireplace when I heard Josh come out of the bed room, I started to walk towards him when I noticed he had the ring box in his hand....

He dropped down on one knee and said before we read this there is something that I've been wanting to ask you for a long time, then he told me how much he loved me, and how he wanted to have me forever, and asked if I would take him as my husband, he started to tear up and so did I and of course I said yes!!! 

So we sat on the couch and read mom's note and talked about everything and then started sending the text messages and then we enjoyed a very wonderful night together!!!! 

2 comments:

shannon January 1, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

i know i already said it but YAY YAY AND FREAKIN YAYAYAYAYAYAY

Shaina January 2, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

I just stumbled across your page. Congrats! :) Marriage is a WONDERFUL blessing!