Can I vent for a minute?

>> Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ok, its obvious, our country is in trouble. We are moving towards what can be compared to the Great Depression back in the 30s.... And frankly, I don't believe that people today can survive like they did back then. We are not a self-sufficient country. We have wasted WAY too much money on very stupid stuff.... or stuff that may not have been stupid when we started on it, but now it is. We need to stop.

I've said it before, but sometimes when I hear about our National Deficit I feel like our country is like the white trash person on medicaid who takes advantage of every credit card offer that comes their way and then maxes everything out and pays only the minimum amount required and just keeps spending!! Eventually planning on leaving all the debt to one of their many kids.... well, with our country, WE are the kid... the US is racking up WAY to much debt....

Our biggest waste of money (at least in my mind) is the damn effing space program... who gives a flying rat's hiney if there is water and or life on Mars? Do you? I didn't think so.... why do we spend BILLIONS of dollars to send people into space to fix stupid stuff like the bathroom on a spacestation... maybe some of the astronauts who are on the spacestation should have thought about taking a basic plumbing course before going up.... I think that it is completely ridiculous that we spend so much money for something so ridiculous, tell me one benefit we are still getting from exploring space.... NOTHING!!!! We need to use that money to bail ourselves out and help the crisis at home. Unless the USA plans on seceding from itself to rebuild on the mother-effin moon, we need to stop going there, it is a GIANT WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

When we're having to wait for 45min to an hour to get $20 worth of gas (which by the way really does nothing) we should ask ourselves, why the crap have we gotten so bad, the United States is supposed to be the most successful country in the world, a beacon of light and hope... but frankly right now, I wouldn't want to move here.... I still say Australia would be better, you never hear anything bad happening in Australia... I think they must be hurricane free, tornado free, obviously blizzard free, why doesn't everyone move there? hmmmm.... food for thought.

So, in sumation... space program= stupid waste of money.

(I would however like to end on a good note so I'm going to include an adorable, precious story about Belle, she is asleep by me on the bed right now and she must be having a little puppy dream because she is kicking her little legs and scrunching her tiny nose... a second ago she was almost like sucking on her tongue... it was adorable... so smile.)

0 comments: