Credit in the Mail...

>> Friday, September 12, 2008

So its much earlier than I intended to get up this morning... the plan in my head was to get up at 0530, start coffee for Josh then go back to sleep until about 0645ish. And that was all well and good until my brain switched on at about 0518 and started reminding me of all of the things that I was supposed to do last night but didn't so that forced me to get up at 6 when Josh left for his Charity Golf Tournament (he's the next Tiger Woods, btw). Now I'm sitting here writing a blog still thinking about everything I have to do... how it would be nice to just be waking up right now :(


Whatever. So yesterday I'm checking the mail and I have something in an unmarked envelope... intriguing mostly because I don't know anyone who would want to send me anthrax so its not scary to receive random unmarkd mail. Anyway, I open it and its from Discover but no. No its not just a pre-approved-we love your credit-get one of our credit cards-kind of mail, lo and behold it is actually a credit card, with my name on it and everything. The only step left to do is call the 1-800 number and activate my new card. The problem? I didn't ask for a new card! No, they just decided to send me one.... which scares me because what if I hadn't opened it and I had just thrown it away and then some crazy bum-identity-stealer person went threw my garbage and stole it! So... lesson learned is always check your mail.... you may have a new credit card...

And on that note, I have been informed by my super smart bf that I need to call one of the major credit companies and freeze my credit so that no one could open a card without my permission and other nice benefits so I pass that information on to you. Do it. Do it now.... stop reading and go freeze your credit. 

1 comments:

shannon September 12, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

I freakin love it! your blogging is the best. BEARS, BLACK BEARS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, YOUR BLOGS.

and just so you know the next time you get 'credit in the mail' send it along my way...i could use another credit card in your name...wait...not that i have credit cards in your name...umm no i dont...i dont...dont freeze your credit...