Fat Tuesday...Ash Wednesday...Palm Sunday

>> Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Today is Fat Tuesday...the start of Mardi Gras, for those of you who are episcopalian or catholic you know that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent. I don't practice these religions, but I have done lent a couple of times. (In case you don't know its like a form of fasting... you give up something for 40 days, until Palm Sunday. You can't have your given up item except for on Sundays.) Usually I am ok for the first little while but then I forget and eat or drink it.

I'm trying to decide if I want to give something up.... I also can't decide what I would like to give up... I'm thinking either sodas or chocolate.... it will definitely be a challenge either way.... keep in your prayers about it.

0 comments: